Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Will Keep Us Together


It's February, the month for love. Valentine's Day is fast approaching and love is in the air! Everyone grasps for their share of the love for the March winds will soon come and blow the love away.
We live in a society where people fall in and out of love as often as they change their clothes. A couple may be madly in love one moment and a few days later they have moved on to the next love of their life. Love has become nothing more than a four letter word.
Several years ago Captain and Tennille made the song "Love Will Keep Us Together" popular. In that song a young girl is singing to the love of her life advising him to keep his eyes focused on her. He may be able to turn the heads of other young women but she reminds him that she alone is the one who will love him forever. Towards the end of the song she reminds him of the future with these words:    
Young and beautiful 
Someday your looks will be gone
When the others turn you off 
Who'll be turning you on

I will, I will, I will, I will 
Be there to share forever
Love will keep us together
Said it before and I'll say it again while others pretend
I'll need you now and I'll need you then
Stop 'cause I really love Ya
Stop I'll be thinking of Ya
Look in my heart and let love keep us together
God never meant love to be an 'on again, off again' emotion. In fact, God always speaks of His everlasting love. John 3:16 says God loved us so much he sent his Only Son to pay the penalty for our wrongs so we could spend eternity with him in heaven. That's love! God loved us then, he loves us now and he will love us forever. Why settle for less when you can have the real thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment